Why Should I Consider Vinyl Flooring?
Recently reborn, Vinyl flooring is making a comeback. Vinyl is becoming the new “modern” flooring option on the market. It is being recognized for the versatile flooring that it truly is and is also being called the “flooring of the future”.
There are three types of Vinyl flooring: sheet flooring, tile flooring and plank flooring. Sheet flooring is when the material is laid down in sheets 6 or 12 feet wide. Tile flooring uses tiles that are either 9”x9” or 12”x12” in size. Plank flooring is when the material is applied like the tile, but covers more surface area like the sheet flooring. While sheet flooring is more water resistant and also easier to install, most homeowners prefer vinyl tile or vinyl planks, which replicate the look of a ceramic tile floor and a beautiful hardwood floor at a much more affordable cost.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of vinyl flooring:
- Many of today’s vinyl flooring options have multiple layers: wear layer, protective clear layer, print layer, cushion layer, and the physical vinyl backing layer. Having extra layers makes the vinyl flooring twice as durable. The wear layer can vary in thickness; 6 mil., 20 mil., 28 mil., and many more. The thicker the wear layer, the longer your flooring will appear undamaged.
- Vinyl flooring comes in vinyl sheets, vinyl tiles and vinyl planks. They also come in an array of many different textures, patterns, and colors.
- Vinyl Sheets. Vinyl sheets are the top choice for large areas. They are available in widths 6ft+ with customized length to fit your room. This flooring option is also the cheapest option per square foot.
- Vinyl Tiles. Vinyl tiles are easy to install using three different methods: glue down, self-adhesive, and floating. The traditional glue down method is more permanent. Some companies offer “peel-and-stick” vinyl tiles that makes installation a breeze. However, it is still best to have a professional install them, to make sure that it is done correctly. The floating floor system uses tiles designed to interlock or click together.
- Vinyl Planks. This is the most expensive looking vinyl flooring option. Vinyl planks offer the look of a beautiful hardwood floor without the hefty price tag of a real hardwood. Planks are installed using the same methods at the vinyl tiles. Often known as the “luxury vinyl”, vinyl planks are a more luxurious flooring option at a lower cost, that is much easier to maintain than real hardwood.
- Textures, Patterns, and Colors. There are many options that resemble traditional, expensive looking hardwood, stone, and slate tiles. With so many options out there today, it is no wonder more and more homeowners are opting for vinyl flooring.
- Maintenance and Cleaning. Vinyl is a great flooring option for homeowners of all ages. It’s easy to clean up spills or any other types of messes that may happen. Vinyl flooring is perfect for family rooms, kitchens, and any other rooms that get a lot of traffic.
Vinyl flooring is the perfect flooring for families. They are easy to clean and very durable. If you’re interested in getting a quote about Vinyl flooring, call Carpet Concepts today at 410-256-0123. Feel free to give us a call anytime or stop by our showroom Monday through Friday.