Cleaning Tips for Every Type of Flooring
Although it’s recommended to clean your carpets throughout the year, we won’t tell if you didn’t. At Carpet Concepts, we understand how overwhelming it can be to face all the dust and debris that has accumulated. That’s why we’re here to give you tips on how to properly clean your carpets and hardwood floors.
The first step to cleaning your carpets is choosing a good quality vacuum. Get one with a beater bar and good suction. Keeping the filter in your vacuum clean is also vital. If you need to spot clean your carpet, a good way to go about it is trying to remove the stain by using water before moving onto harsher cleaning solutions. We have environmentally friendly cleaners available that do a real good job. No matter what type of carpet you have, prompt attention to spots and spills is important. Here are a few tips for cleaning your carpet properly:
- Vacuum at least once a week (more if possible) paying special attention to areas where people sit and move their feet more often.
- Be prepared with proper cleaning supplies to cleanup accidents quickly.
- Place mats or rugs at the entrance of your home to help absorb moisture and help prevent the soiling your carpet.
- You could also have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12 months. We recommend Brandon’s Carpet Cleaning at 410-686-5480.
Hardwood Flooring Cleaning
Most people sweep and vacuum their hardwood floors. If you vacuum, make sure the beater bar is turned off! A microfiber cloth or swifter can be sprayed with a reputable hardwood cleaner and the floor swept over with the cloth/swifter, also. Here are some helpful tips to keep your hardwood floors looking great for longer.
- Wipe up spills and tracked-in dirt immediately.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum using the hardwood floor attachment at least once a week.
- Use the correct cleanser made for hardwood flooring to keep your floors looking shiny.
- Avoid steam mops because the high temperature can cause damage to your floor.
- For sticky substances, try hardening the sport with an ice cube and lightly rubbing it with adult plastic scraper. Be careful not to apply too much pressure as this could damage the floors finish.
If you come across flooring that you think may need to replaced, call Carpet Concepts today at 410-256-0123 with questions, or stop by our showroom Monday-Friday. We offer special financing for approved buyers.